In addition to the objectives of The Fertility Society of Australia, SIRT’s role is to promote the education and training of scientists working in reproductive technologies and to promote high standards within the profession, in particular through the promotion of research and dissemination of scientific information within the membership.
SIRT aims to act as a resource for formulating a consensus on scientific issues and guidelines for best scientific practice within The Fertility Society of Australia and other professional bodies.
SIRT Membership Fees
- Full Membership costs $75 per annum.
- Renewing Members (prior to 30th March) costs $55 per annum.
- Renewing Members (on or after 1st April) costs $75 per annum.
- Student / Concessional Membership costs $37.50 per annum.
Student / Concessional Membership is open to any person engaged in scientific activities associated with the field of human reproduction currently enrolled in a tertiary institution as a full-time student in the field of reproductive biology or other science-related degrees. This information must be verified by the Head of the Department. Student / Concessional Membership requires a person to be nominated and seconded by a current financial member of SIRT.
- Associate Membership costs $82.50 per annum
Associate membership is open to any persons and/or organizations that have an interest in, and support the aims and objectives of, SIRT. Associate membership does not entitle access to: CPD scheme Full Members contact details SIRT Mail facility Voting rights within SIRT Executive & non-Executive positions within SIRT
Dr Kristy Demmers
Ms Jayne Mullen
Ms Lisa Lee
Ms Winter Oh
Ms Rebecca Kelley
Dr Kiri Beilby
Ms Rachel Wicks
Ms Kailin Yap
Mr Fabrizzio Horta
Ms Elina Roumian
Ms Simone Cook
Various bodies, including FSA, RTAC, MTAAC, QUPP and NPAAC, decide the legislation, regulations, guidelines and Codes of Practice under which our profession functions. Formal SIRT representation is critical for us to direct, promote and enhance our profession.
SIRT Regional Representatives address the specific needs of each region (NZ, Tas, Vic, NSW, Qld, WA, SA/NT, ACT).
Regional SIRT Representatives
Regional SIRT Representatives - Sub-Committee
- Representatives Coordinator: Kailin Yap
- Australian Capital Territory & New South Wales: Elina Roumian
- New Zealand: Jeanette MacKenzie
- Northern Territory: Hanada Ghazala
- Queensland: Kaitlyn Larson
- South Australia: Helana Shehadeh (Acting Rep), Avi Sani (Rep)
- Tasmania: Imogen Liew
- Victoria: Azelle Hawdon
- Western Australia: Kaitlyn McGinty